News and analysis on global M&A and corporate financing strategies

Finance / Cameroon

Mano River/African Aura A 'Natural Hedge'

April 2008 | M&A News Alert

London-listed Mano River Resources announced on April 14 that it has agreed to acquire Toronto-listed African Aura Resources in an all-share deal, which CFW expects will strengthen not only the two miners' financial positions but also diversify their metals interests in sub-Saharan Africa forming a 'natural hedge' in the current climate. Under the terms of the deal, Mano River, primarily a gold and diamond explorer, would transfer 1.57 of its shares to African Aura shareholders for each share they hold, giving it 75% of the combined company and African Aura shareholders the remaining 25%.

To read the full article, please choose one of the following options:

Subcribers please log in